quinta-feira, 7 de fevereiro de 2013

Elizabeth McGovern's Lisbon

The Downton Abbey actress Elizabeth McGovern on the 'magical' allure of Lisbon, the Portuguese capital.


Why Lisbon
It’s a magical kind of place that I find as beautiful as Paris but not so jaded and well-trodden. There’s a freshness about the colours of the city, and a freshness about the people, who are incredibly warm and welcoming. And I like its lack of pretension. I think it’s the perfect city for a short spring break.
Anything special I should pack? 
It’s hilly so leave your heels at home. It’s a lot warmer than the UK but if you’re going in the spring I’d still take a coat and a waterproof.

What’s the first thing you do? 
I like to go for a walk around the historic city centre and then stroll down to the harbour. The other district I’m particularly fond of is the area around the 500-year-old turreted Torre de Belém, one of Lisbon’s most recognisable landmarks. The Padrão dos Descobrimentos is nearby.

Fonte: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário